I don’t know about you, but I love it when dinner is pretty much ready when I get home! Especially in the winter when the days are short and it is already dark when I get home. This recipe pairs well with some whole grain or gluten free bread right out of the oven.
I hope you enjoy!
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 4 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 1 l Large Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp.Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp.Thyme
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 3½ cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock/ Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3-4Tbsp Cornstarch (To Thicken) * Optional
- Add the chicken, yellow onion, celery, mixed vegetables, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the bay leaves, cover, and cook on Low for 7-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Remove the chicken breasts, shred, and set aside.
- Measure out 1½ to 2 cups of the liquid and contents from the slow cooker and place into a blender. I use a small individual blender. Blend until smooth and return to the slow cooker. This will thicken the soup.
- To thicken additionally, mix ½ cup of the liquid with 3-4tbsp. cornstarch and dissolve into the liquids. Returning to the slow cooker after.
- Return the cooked, shredded chicken to the slow cooker, and mix in the plain greek yogurt.
- Re-cover and cook an additional 30 minutes to reheat. Season to taste before serving.