Type ‘weight loss’ in any search engine and you’ll find a million tips along with photos and sites promising they have the secret to dropping the pounds fast. Hop on Instagram or even Pinterest and you’ll more than likely see photos of extremely fit men or women selling you their weight loss program promising six-pack abs by next month.
We all want to feel at our best, but unfortunately want it fast. We don’t gain the weight overnight, so our bodies can’t drop it in a day either (unless it’s fluid).
Here are a few of the top reasons you aren’t losing weight.
- You’re not eating enough of the right foods.
- You’re not drinking enough water.
- You’re eating high calorie foods but in small portions.
- You don’t eat any veggies.
- You shun fats.
- You are a carboholic.
- You only do cardio.
- You’re following a ‘diet’ on and off and on and off again.
- You only sleep 6hrs at night.
- You drink more calories than you realize.
There are many factors than can play a role in weight loss. That is why if you are truly struggling it is best to seek coaching for help figuring out your ‘why’.
For more info on coaching Start Here.
~Gretchen Riddle, CHES, CHWC, Pn1