1. Stop reading articles with titles like this one..Quick fixes don’t work long term! Think about it- How many articles have you read like this that have actually helped you drop the lbs fast? If they have helped you lose some, how quickly did you gain it back?
2. Think about what will fit in with your lifestyle. Do you frequently eat in restaurants but the diet you’re following is impossible to keep up with food selections?
3. Have conversation with yourself and find the underlying issues to your weight gain. I realize it may not be that easy, you might need to make a trip to the dr too to assess things, but sometimes simply figuring out what contributes to your eating habits can make all the difference. Do you eat out of habit/routine? Do you ‘need’ something sweet after each meal? Find yourself reaching for a candy bar when you feel stressed? Emotions can play a big role. Addressing the underlying issues can make all the difference in you success.
4. Eat your veggies!! Without added creams and sauces. You’ll find many health benefits with lower calories to make you feel fuller.
5. Clear out your cabinets of foods you tend to over eat. Plain and simple- if it’s there you’ll eat it.
I hope this helps you the next time you see quick tips and think twice.
~Gretchen Leigh Wellnesa