Yep, my Sunday meal prep sets the tone for the entire week. If I don’t have my veggies/fruit washed and cut, or salad pre-made it makes it much more difficult. And I’m tempted to not eat so well… ?
My tips for prepping for the week:
- Hard boil eggs for a quick protein snack or to add to a salad.
- Wash fruit- (depending on the type, some berries tend to deteriorate quickly after they are washed.) Grapes or cherry tomatoes can be pre-washed. I add a splash of vinegar and rinse again to keep fresh.
- Wash and slice veggies- red/green/yellow peppers, cucumber, carrots, etc.
- Cook 4-5 chicken breasts- This can be done in the slow cooker or on grill etc. Use this for quick dinner meals, add to salads, or other snacks.
- Roast snacks- Make toasted chickpeas or other veggies for snacks.
- Make oat/qunioa bars for the week for a quick breakfast or snack. Or portion out oats for overnight oats.
- Plan a few healthy meals for the week. This prep makes the rest of your week go so much more smooth when you have a plan!
I hope these ideas help you get started with your own prep for the week. Once you start doing this you’ll notice you eat better during the week and are less stressed about meals.
What are other ways you like to meal/snack prep for the week?